1904 - Cutting brothers electrical engineers and iron founders establish a factory on the Barnack Road site, STAMFORD, UK. Known as STAMFORD Electrical from 1925.
1935 - Newage established in Manchester, UK to manufacture alternator sets and air compressors.
1948 - Arthur Lyon & Co, London acquired by Newage Engineers.
1950 - Newage Engineers acquires STAMFORD Electrical and transfers Arthur Lyon & Co alternator business to Barnack Road site, UK.
1964 - Newage Group acquired by Charterhouse bank. Business portfolio consists of transmissions, compressors, pumps, marine propulsion, industrial engines, alternators and general engineering.
1919 - Foundation of A. van Kaick as a trading enterprise for electrical machines in Frankfurt.
1923 - Start of production of special motors for lifts and mobile plants.
1938 - Arthur van Kaick develops the world's first self-regulating alternator; start of series production.
1953 - Take-over of the motor-construction enterprises Ziegler-Ettlingen and Rona-Ingolstadt.
1960s - Expansion of the AvK alternator range into brushless, self-regulating alternators, up to 30 MVA, 15 kV and 18-pole designs.