Whether you are shipbuilding, on board or at the dockyard providing power to the ship from onshore, you will need dependable power solutions which can meet the arduous environment of working with salt water.
All STAMFORD® and AvK® alternators can be specified to meet the classification requirements of all major marine societies. The STAMFORD alternators have type approval with a few of the agencies (i.e., ABS, BV, DNV, CCS), which helps to reduce lead-time for the society approval of the alternator.
Alternator protection available
- Heaters and louvres - mandatory for the environment
- Current transformers - for electrical performance
- IP ratings - to protect your alternator from the environment
STAMFORD® and AvK® marine alternators can be provided with a default ambient temperature of 50°C and are also supplied at 45°C.
Our alternators can be operated to complete a number of key shaft generator activities:
- PTO - operation as shaft alternator for boardnet supply only
- PTI - operation as shaft motor for 'booster'
- PTH - complete solution including PTH and start-up transformer
If you would like to learn more about the ways STAMFORD® and AvK® alternators can power your marine application, download our application brochure or contact our applications team.